Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken
Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken, a lovely crisp char on the outside locking in all of that flavor, are absolutely juicy. The best part is that they cook in the Air Fryer in about 15 minutes, which is significantly faster than a regular oven. Similar to the traditional meal, the drumsticks are marinated in warming spices and rich yogurt. However, you won’t believe how simple and fast it is to prepare this beloved Indian cuisine in the Air Fryer, with the same genuine flavor and a great deal less effort.
Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken Ingredients
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon each of ginger, garlic, and Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon each of ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon each of dried fenugreek leaves
- One tablespoon of lemon juice, Kasoori methi, and cooking oil spray
- Using a paper towel, gently pat the chicken drumsticks dry. Then, taking one drumstick and pulling the skin down from the thickest part of the chicken to the narrow end with two paper towels, remove the skin. Rehash for the excess chicken drumsticks. You can easily remove the skin by grasping it with paper towels.
- On each drumstick, cut three to four slits across its thick part.
- Yogurt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, red chili powder, and salt should be added. Place the dried fenugreek leaves on your palms and rub your hands together to gently crush them. Include in the chicken. Mix everything together and coat the chicken with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- The air fryer must be heated to 350°F. Softly splash the air fryer crate with cooking oil. Spray oil all over the basket before placing the marinated chicken in it.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 350°F.Spray oil lightly over the basket after giving it a half-shake.
- Make sure the thickest piece has an internal temperature of 165°F after the cooking cycle is finished. You can cook the chicken for another minute or two to get charred marks, but don’t overcook it.
- Citrus mint chutney and fresh lemon wedges complete the meal. For a delicious low-carb meal, combine it with the crunchy cucumber salad.