Crustless Taco Pie
Crustless Taco Pie is a terrific way to experience a change from traditional tacos without adding gluten or refined carbohydrates. Only 3 net carbohydrates per serving!
You’ll adore this low-carb taco pie dish, which uses ground beef, a flavorful sauce, lots of cheese, and your preferred taco toppings.
Crustless Taco Pie Ingredients
- 1 pound of 80/20 ground beef
- Taco seasoning: 3 T (our DIY version or sugar-free store bought)
- heavy whipping cream, 2/3 cup
- Four big eggs
- 1 chunky salsa serving, 3 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Make sure the oven rack is in the middle position and preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan. Put away the pan.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until it is cooked through, adding oil if necessary to prevent it from sticking. Remove any excess grease.
- In the same pan, combine the ground beef with the taco seasoning by stirring. Put the taco beef in the pie pan that has been greased.
- Add the salsa, 1 cup of shredded cheese, garlic salt, and pepper to the heavy cream and eggs in a small bowl.
- Top the taco beef in the pie pan with the egg mixture. Shred an additional 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Cover the keto taco pie and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- Before serving, allow your crustless taco pie to cool for five minutes.
- If you like, you can garnish with things like salsa, sour cream, cilantro, chives, avocado, diced tomatoes, or olives. Enjoy!
- For the finest flavor, we advise using ground beef with a higher fat content; either an 85/15 or 80/20 ratio works well. After cooking the ground beef, take sure to drain the oil.
- Reduce the amount of cheddar cheese in the dish or substitute ground turkey or chicken for the beef to make it lighter.
- It is preferable to grate cheddar cheese straight from the block as opposed to purchasing pre-shredded cheddar, which has more carbohydrates and potato starch added to keep it from sticking.