Keto Spinach Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Keto Spinach Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a nutritious comfort food. It produces a delectable low carb side dish. With only 2.6g net carbohydrates, this creamy and cheesy vegetable casserole is perfect for a holiday feast. Your family will adore the flavor of this broccoli cheese casserole even if you are not following a ketogenic diet.
Who doesn’t enjoy a good casserole, especially one that is creamy and cheesy like this spinach and broccoli dish that is low carb. This is one of those low-carb sides that goes well with almost everything, or you can create a full dinner out of it by adding some cooked chicken or ham.
Keto Spinach Broccoli Cheese Casserole Ingredients
- 12 ounces of frozen broccoli florets and 1 smashed garlic clove (approx 4 cups)
- Fresh spinach, 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- Cream cheese, 2 ounces
- half a cup of strong cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- Turn the oven on to 350°F.
- Follow the directions on the package to cook the broccoli. Chop the fresh broccoli and microwave it for about five minutes.
- Drain the cooked broccoli and place it in a large mixing bowl. Blend in the spinach, mayonnaise, garlic, and onion powder. After that, thoroughly incorporate everything.
- The cheeses will melt as the hot broccoli wilts the fresh spinach. If you have any desire to add salt and dark pepper, do so presently. I usually like the saltiness of the cheeses.
- Apply nonstick cooking spray to a baking dish and evenly distribute the spinach and cream cheese mixture.
- After topping the dish with mozzarella cheese, place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly and browned.
- I cooked the frozen broccoli first in the microwave. The cheeses and spinach were nicely melted when I combined the cooked broccoli with the cheeses. If you want to use fresh broccoli, you can achieve the same result by first heating it in the microwave for five minutes.
- Cook the spinach and squeeze out as much water as you can if you want to use frozen spinach as well. You will use approximately 12 cups of spinach because fresh spinach shrinks so much.
- You can also try Parmesan cheese and other cheeses like Monterey Jack. I like the cheddar in the casserole for its flavor and the browning and bubbling of the mozzarella on top.
- If you want this to be more of a main dish, you can make a broccoli and chicken cheese casserole by combining one or two cups of cooked chopped chicken.
- For all the more a messy rice dish, you can add riced cauliflower.