Loaded Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole
Loaded Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole is the ideal dish to serve as a side dish at supper. This meal is so stuffed with bacon, cheddar cheese, and sour cream that you won’t even notice the absence of potatoes. On the keto diet, I truly miss eating potatoes, but fortunately, I’ve had cauliflower and broccoli in their place, and it’s been working out great.
If you remember my recipe for cauliflower mash, cauliflower is fantastic as a mash. I recently tried it in this casserole with some broccoli, and it was AMAZING! Without the potato, it tastes exactly like a loaded baked potato. Think loaded baked potato with meats, cheese, and rice, but with no rice or potatoes! I topped it with butter, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and crispy smoked applewood bacon.
Loaded Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole Ingredients
- Eight crunchy bacon slices
- florets from a half-large head of cauliflower
- chopped into florets, half a large head of broccoli
- A half-cup of sour cream
- 50 ml of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of creamier milk
- Black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Colby cheese
- A serving of sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons divided between fresh chives, chopped
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumbly, then preheat the oven to 370 degrees. Place aside.
- In about 15 to 20 minutes, steam the cauliflower and broccoli until they are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the black pepper, mayonnaise, heavy cream, and sour cream. Well mix in the steamed broccoli and cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, and 3 tablespoons of chives.
- Place the colby, monterey jack cheese, and the remaining bacon on top in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes with foil covering the dish. Eliminate foil and heat another 5-10 minutes or just until cheddar is effervescent and starting to brown. Serve right away.