Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad
Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad – The flavors of savory, sweet, creamy, and crunchy are expertly balanced in this chicken salad with apples and cranberries. A wonderfully prepared lunch! Keep reading for all of our serving suggestions!
Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Cubed or shredded cooked chicken weighing 12 ounces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup of apple, chopped finely
- a half-cup of toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup dried cranberries.
- Fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of pepper
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp of fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill, or tarragon.
- Combine the chicken, apple, pecans, celery, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Along with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and (if using) herbs, add 1/3 cup mayonnaise. Add a few more tablespoons of mayonnaise if desired, stirring to combine, depending on how well-dressed you like your chicken salad.
- Adjust the seasonings or salt according to taste.
- For up to four days, store the chicken mixture in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- On apple slices. To create a round, almost cracker-like shape, turn a clean apple on its side so that the stem is pointing left to right instead of up and down. Then, using a sharp knife, cut thin slices all the way through the apple. Top with chicken salad, and enjoy!
- With crushers. Chicken salad and crackers go well together! Simple Mills almond flour crackers (paleo and gluten-free), Hu Kitchen grain-free crackers (paleo and gluten-free), and gluten-free Ritz-style crackers are our favorites.
- Spooned into leaves of lettuce. Make a lettuce wrap out of your apple cranberry chicken salad! We prefer romaine hearts or butter lettuce leaves.
- Over salad greens scooped. Or, you can just spread chicken salad on a bed of salad greens and eat it like a salad! The greens will also be dressed by the chicken salad’s dressing!
Wrapped in a grain-free or tortilla-free wrap. Wrap your sandwich in a tortilla or grain-free wrap with some greens to take it in a new direction. It’s delectable!