Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta is a straightforward but filling weeknight supper. Pesto, parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice, and pasta are combined with chopped brussels sprouts, crisp bacon, and spaghetti. A quick dinner that can be ready in 30 minutes!
I felt a quick and simple meal recipe was in order before we go down the rabbit hole of everything Thanksgiving. Both preparing and eating this pesto pasta with Brussels sprouts and bacon is simple.
This recipe has the potential to make you like brussels sprouts if you don’t already. Even though he doesn’t like them, my hubby adored this spaghetti. In all honesty, I doubt he even knew he was eating brussels sprouts. Even those who don’t like b-sprouts will find it difficult to dislike this dish because of the bacon, pesto, and parmesan cheese.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta Ingredients
- 4 cooked and diced bacon pieces
- 12 ounces of brussels sprouts 1 chopped or grated clove of garlic
- A quarter-teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- To taste, add freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.
- 8 ounces of uncooked pasta shells in a same size and shape, with gluten if necessary.
- pesto, 3 tablespoons
- Juiced lemon, one
- 1/4 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- Drain the pasta after cooking it according to the package directions. Thinly slice the brussels sprouts or use a food processor’s shredding attachment while the pasta is cooking.
- The bacon should be cooked in a large pan. When it is cool enough to handle, drain on paper towels and chop. The remainder of the skillet’s bacon grease should be discarded.
- Season with salt and pepper before adding the shredded brussels sprouts and red pepper flakes. Until tender, sauté for three to five minutes.
- Sauté for an additional 30 seconds after adding the garlic.
- In the skillet, combine the pasta, pesto, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese with the chopped bacon. Combine everything by mixing it all together. Add more parmesan cheese to the top and season to taste.