Asian Steak Bites and Potatoes
Asian Steak Bites and Potatoes includes potatoes and grilled meat chunks in garlicky butter and soy sauce. It comes together quickly and just requires one pan for cooking.
Asian Steak Bites and Potatoes Ingredients
- a 12-ounce beef steak (I use ribeye)
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- 16 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heating oil
- chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon each of black pepper and salt into cubes of beef that are 1 inch thick. If desired, peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/4-inch-thick cubes.
- Add oil to a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat to coat it. Potatoes should be added and cooked without being stirred until the bottom begins to brown. After that, stir in the thyme sprigs, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper, and cook them until just tender. Potatoes can be cooked in 5-7 minutes. Put the dish on a plate and set it aside.
- If necessary, add additional oil to the same pan and raise the heat to medium-high to high. Add beef cubes and allow them to sear for approximately 45 seconds, or until they begin to turn a color. Then cook the other side for about 30 seconds on the flip side. Start stirring in the minced garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of butter, and cook for a few more seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add potatoes back to the dish, give the hamburger solid shapes and potatoes a speedy mix. Reduce the temperature a bit. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir to cook everything to the desired doneness and coat it in the sauce. Because the beef will be overcooked otherwise, this should not take long.
- Season the food as you like. Move the beef and potatoes to serving plates after the heat has been turned off. Serve immediately and sprinkle with chopped parsley.