Baked Beignets Recipe – Classic French Quarter Donuts Made Healthier
Baked Beignets Recipe – Classic French Quarter Donuts Made Healthier. Beignets were a new concept to me. Additionally, at the time, my primary concern was locating the ideal location for gumbo and jambalaya.
In any case, when I figured out what a beignet was, I was persuaded that an excursion to Bistro De Monde was all together.
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water, approximately 110°F
- 1/4 cup super fine sugar, see note
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cup flour, more as needed
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted for brushing
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Whisk together the water, sugar, and yeast in a large mixing bowl with the whisk attachment. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for approximately ten minutes, or until it begins to foam up on the surface.
- Set the oven to 200°F.Line 3 baking sheets with material paper. Place aside.
- Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and three tablespoons of butter, salt, and vanilla in the mixing bowl.
- If you can use a dough hook instead of the whisk attachment. Mix on medium-low speed as you slowly add the flour until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If necessary, add 1 tbsp more flour. increments until the dough separates from the bowl on its own
- Knead the dough for five minutes at medium speed.
- Put the dough in a bowl that has been lightly greased. Remove the bowl from the preheated oven and place it in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 15 minutes to rise. Cover the bowl with a towel that has no risk of contracting the warming components of the stove.
- Close the oven door, remove the bowl, and heat the oven to 200°F.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle or square about 1/4 inch thick on a surface lightly floured.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut two-inch squares.
- Put the dough on the baking sheets you’ve prepared. The baking sheets should be placed in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 30 minutes after the preheated oven has been turned off. Plastic wrap that has been sprayed with baking spray should be used to cover the baking sheets.
- Close the oven door, remove the baking sheets, and heat the oven to 375°F.Apply a thin layer of milk to the tops.
- Bake each baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown. After about 5 minutes of cooling, lightly brush the tops of the beignets with 1 tablespoon sprinkle generously with powdered sugar over the melted butter.
- The best way to eat beignets is warm and fresh.
- Skip brushing them with butter and dusteding them with powdered sugar if you intend to consume them the following day, and keep them in an airtight container.
- When you’re ready to eat them, microwave them for 10 to 15 seconds while brushing them with melted butter. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- The recipe is from Make Your Meals.
You can see more delicious recipes in X2coupons.com