Baked Feta Pasta
Baked Feta Pasta is a straightforward recipe that involves cooking a block of feta cheese in the oven with cherry tomatoes to make a creamy, salty sauce!
Baked Feta Pasta Ingredients
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 8-ounce block of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces dry cavatappi pasta or any pasta of choice.
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus more for serving
- Set the oven to 400°F. Put the cherry tomatoes in a baking dish made for the oven. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and drizzle olive oil over it.
- Toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Flip the feta block several times to coat it with the olive oil and seasoning before placing it in the middle of the baking dish with the cherry tomatoes.
- The feta cheese should melt and the cherry tomatoes should burst during the 35-minute baking time in the preheated oven.
- While the tomatoes and feta are heating up, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water as per bundle directions until still somewhat firm. Reserving 12 cups of the cooking liquid for later use, drain the dish.
- Toss the cooked tomatoes and feta with the garlic and basil leaves immediately to combine.
- Move the cooked pasta to the baking dish and throw to join. Serve warm and garnish with additional fresh basil.
- Recipe: This is based on the Grilled Cheese Social recipe that I first learnt about.
- Remaining food should be kept in an airtight container for storage. They’ll keep in the fridge for around 3 to 4 days.
- The recipe should be followed exactly for the best results. Here are some typical substitutions, though, that would be effective in this recipe.
- You can substitute any type of pasta or gluten-free pasta for cavatappi in this recipe.
- You can substitute regular whole tomatoes or even canned chopped tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes offer the finest flavor in this dish.