Baked Oats with Blueberries & Raspberries
Baked Oats with Blueberries & Raspberries that literally has the texture of a cake but is made with healthy whole ingredients, is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, refined flour-free, and dairy-free.
This recipe looked so simple and almost too good to be true, so I had to try it. Luckily most of the ingredients are staples I usually have in the house so I didn’t have to wait. WOW. It may be a food trend but it was an instant classic at my house. My family enjoyed experimenting with different flavors and toppings.
Baked Oats with Blueberries & Raspberries Ingredients
- 1/2 cup quick or rolled oats
- one banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 blueberries
- 6 raspberries or any berries you like
Baked Oats with Blueberries & Raspberries Optional toppings
- powdered sugar
- peanut butter
- Gently oil a 5 x 5 broiler-safe dish or ramekin. Blend the oats in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Include the egg, maple syrup, and banana.
- Add salt and baking powder. Mix it all together until you get a smooth hitter.
- Fill the greased dish with the batter. Berry topping Bake for two hours.
- Add whatever toppings you like to the baked oats. Warm or at room temperature, enjoy.
- When grinding the oats, use a high-speed blender. Are you allergic to eggs? Use eggs made with flax. In place of the egg, combine 3 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of flax meal with your preferred sweetener.
- Top with dark chocolate chips instead of berries. Serve with a spoonful of nut butter for extra protein.
- Make muffins out of the leftovers. You won’t be sorry! The muffins will bake for 12 to 15 minutes. You can also use the batter to make delicious pancakes.