BANANA CRUMB CAKE RECIPE
Banana Crumb Cake – With this banana crumb cake, breakfast doesn’t have to be monotonous. The finest way to start your day is with this dish, which is stuffed with mashed bananas and topped with crumb topping. Who am I kidding, offering it as dessert is as delicious?
Normally, I only purchase bananas with the intention of leaving them on the counter until they are really ripe and ready to be mashed. Using bananas that appear to be destined for the trash is the secret to making a banana crumb cake that is truly outstanding. The cake will be more flavorful and moist as it ripens.
I couldn’t stop making this banana crumb cake for breakfast or lunch because my kids have always loved it. I love the way the crumb mixture bakes into the banana bread batter and creates pockets of buttery-sugared goodness. It is extremely light and airy, sweet but not overly sweet.
Banana Crumb Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- One sugar cup
- 1 1/4 cups or 3 mashed ripe bananas
- two huge eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt, 1/2 tsp.
- 12 cup softened butter
- Brown sugar, 1 cup
- flour, one cup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Spray a 9×13-inch pan lightly with non-stick spray and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place aside.
- Beat the sugar and softened butter in a bowl until well combined. Although you can mix it by hand or with a stand mixer, I used a hand mixer.
- Mix in the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt just until combined (do not overmix).Pour into the greased 9×13 pan’s bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crumb mixture in a small bowl. Using a fork, work the mixture into small crumbs. Overworking the mixture will result in a paste, which will alter the bread’s texture. Over the banana bread batter, evenly distribute the crumbs in a thick layer.
- Heat for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick embedded in the middle emerges with a couple of wet scraps or is perfect. Cover and serve warm or cold. For up to three days, store at room temperature.
- Cake divides into 12 substantial pieces of crumb cake.
Prepare ahead of time and freeze for three months.
- To improve the flavor and texture of the crumb mixture, stir in 1/4 cup of finely chopped nuts.