BEST CUCUMBER SALAD
Best cucumber salad – Sliced cucumbers that have just been gathered and tossed in a creamy sauce with dill, yoghurt, garlic, and lemon…
Years ago, my aunt Alexandra first showed me how to prepare this BEST CUCUMBER SALAD. Since then, I’ve been enjoying and sharing the recipe; in fact, it’s one of my most frequently asked for. It just goes to show how excellent it is.
Best cucumber salad Ingredients
- 2 English cucumbers, cut and partially peeled
- 1 cup unflavored yogurt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Lemon juice and two teaspoons of fresh dill that has been chopped
- granulated sugar, salt, and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon
- Wash and afterward to some extent strip the cucumbers in a striped example by leaving vast portions of skin. Transfer the slices, which should be 14-inch thick, to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. To taste, add salt and pepper. Serve right away.
- When preparing a prized family recipe, the goal is to recreate the dish’s original flavor. I’ve discovered that using farm-fresh, ideally field-grown cucumbers is the secret to making this salad taste really delicious.
- The salad should be freshly made and served right away. Once chopped, cucumbers have a propensity to lose their juices, thus any significant wait will result in a limp salad. So, whether you prepare this at home or at the cottage, your directive is to do so immediately! No one desires a limp, wilted salad!