Best Snickerdoodles Recipe
Snickerdoodles – You can trust me when I tell you that this recipe is the best ever because they are the ones that have been handed down in the family. Since it was my mother’s, all six of my siblings went through a lot of testing while growing up. Tell you what, we all concur.
This recipe have always been a favorite treat of mine. Some of my favorite memories involve me helping my mother roll Snickerdoodle dough balls in cinnamon sugar as we are both sitting at the kitchen counter. The best memories are the ones where you just recall a few details, but you can still tell that everything was well and you were content. Every time I make Snickerdoodles, those emotions resurface. They serve as a kind of comfort meal for me, I suppose. That explains why I don’t think twice about eating five of them in a succession. .This recipe are wonderful. I’ve tried a lot of these beloved cookies over the years.
- 2 and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- I divide 2 cups of salted white sugar.
- two huge eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Turn the oven on to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt by sifting; place aside.
- Butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar should be whipped together for about 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is pale yellow.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Till the dough comes together, add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar should be combined in a separate, small bowl.
- Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar before shaping them into balls about 1-3/4 inches in diameter.
- On a baking sheet that has not been greased, place the balls about 3 inches apart.
- Heat for 9-10 minutes. (Temperatures in the oven may vary. It could take longer or shorter to cook.)