Blackened Shrimp With Remoulade Sauce
Blackened Shrimp are flavorful and wonderfully seasoned, and they only take approximately 5 minutes to put together. These recipe are excellent on salads, in tacos, and anywhere else you need savory shrimp quickly. Remoulade sauce is optional.
Blackened Shrimp Ingredients
For the Remoulade Blackened Shrimp Sauce (Optional)
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise Preferable Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s, Louisiana, etc.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 minced, crushed garlic clove, Tabasco, Crystal, Louisiana, etc.
For the Shrimp
- 1 pound raw, deveined
- 26 to 30 count shrimp
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons
For the Remoulade Sauce (Optional)
- Place everything in a medium bowl. Combine with a whisk.
- Remoulade ingredients in a bowl Serve immediately or chill for at least an hour (preferable).
For the Shrimp
- To make the blackened seasoning for the shrimp, combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Seasoning with blackened salt in a bowl. Put the shrimp in a medium bowl. Season with blackened salt. Toss or stir the shrimp to coat.
- Olive oil should be heated in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a skillet, add shrimp when the oil is hot. Cook each side for about one minute until opaque.
- In a skillet, blackened shrimp Remove the shrimp and serve.