Blended Baked Oats
Blended Baked Oats – Makes you feel like you’re having cake for breakfast when combined with banana and chocolate chips. And they are so simple! Simply combine everything in your blender, bake, and have a bite.
Blended Baked Oats Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of quick or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of almond milk without sugar
- 1/2 ripe banana
- I used monkfruit maple syrup as the maple syrup substitute. One egg, one tablespoon of peanut butter, and one-fourth teaspoon of baking powder.
- Cinnamon pinch
- Sea salt, just a pinch
- I utilized Lily’s suggested toppings, which were an additional tablespoon of peanut butter for drizzling, more maple syrup, and a dash of milk.
- Heat the oven: Turn the oven on to 350°F.
- Blend: Blend all of the ingredients, with the exception of the chocolate chips, until well combined in a blender. Add one to two teaspoons of chocolate chips and stir.
- Bake: Fill a greased baking dish or ramekin with the batter. I used a mini Le Creuset 8 ounce dish, but any oven-safe 8 ounce dish will do.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and bake for 25 minutes at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve: After cooling, top with additional peanut butter, maple syrup, and milk, and enjoy.
- Utilize a powerful blender! Use a powerful blender to ensure that the cake-like oatmeal is fully blended. My Vitamix is the best!
- You can multiply by two or three! the method. Although this recipe only makes one serving, you can certainly multiply the ingredients to make multiple servings at once if you so choose!
- How will it be stored? I’m impressed if this lasts longer than one serving! I was unable to put this down. Allow to cool, then store for up to a week in an airtight container.
- Which kind of baking dish should I use? I used a mini Le Creuset 8 ounce dish, but any oven-safe 8 ounce dish will do.
- Can this be made in the microwave? This probably works in the microwave, but I haven’t tried it. I would guess that you would need to microwave it for two to three minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Can oat flour be used? Since you are essentially making oat flour by blending the mixture, I believe it will work just fine. In place of the 1/2 cup of oats in this recipe, I would only use about 1/2 cup of oat flour.