Blueberry Peach Feta Salad
Blueberry Peach Feta Salad are well balanced between sweet, salty, and fresh. This summer, serve this simple and tasty salad tossed in a lemon basil vinaigrette!
It might be challenging to find the desire to cook in the middle of the summer, particularly on a hot day. On days like that, I tend to make my favorite grilled salmon or chicken skewers, such as chipotle maple salmon, on the grill.
The salad is really delicious to eat on a hot summer day and is dressed in a light lemon vinaigrette. It is an excellent side dish to bring to a barbeque and works well with pretty much any grilled meal.
Ingredients For Blueberry Peach Feta Salad
- Persian or English cucumbers
- dijon mustard
- fresh basil
Substitutions for Ingredients
- Peaches: Nectarines can be used in place of peaches if you don’t like them.
- Feta: Goat cheese is an excellent alternative to feta. Persian Cucumbers – I love to use Persian cucumbers, also known as snacking cucumbers, because they are extra crunchy and don’t need to be peeled. You could also use ricotta salata or queso fresco. An English cucumber will work just as well if you can’t find these. If you go this route, you won’t need to peel it, but you might want to scoop out the seeds.
- Blueberries – Strawberries or blackberries would be a decent substitute for blueberries. For the best results with this salad, as with the blueberries and peaches, select the sweetest and most recent varieties. The strawberries may become soft in the salad if you let them sit for too long.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for honey.
- Combine the feta, cucumbers, blueberries, and peaches in a large serving bowl.
- Combine the lemon juice, dijon, honey, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a measuring cup or jar with a lid. Whisk or shake the vinaigrette until it is well-combined.
- Gently toss the salad with the vinaigrette before serving. Season to taste, and garnish with additional basil. Cover and refrigerate the salad until ready to serve or cover and serve.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 183 TOTAL FAT: 8g SATURATED FAT: 3g TRANS FAT: 0 gUNSATURATED FAT: 4g CHOLESTEROL: 17mg SODIUM: 275mg CARBOHYDRATES: 27g FIBER: 4g SUGAR: 21g PROTEIN: 4g