Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots – Vegetable side dish with a lovely sweet-savory sauce from the oven. Your newest favored veg!
A finicky eater exists in almost every home. In first grade, my child had peanut butter and jelly every day. She steadfastly refused to eat any vegetables other than corn and potatoes as a child. Her description of carrots as “the devil’s vegetable”.
She adored chicken and still does, and she wouldn’t give up a french fry for the world. For the record, she still refuses to eat carrots, but if you want a straightforward side dish that tastes gourmet, this is it.
Picky eaters aren’t just a kid thing. My friend’s spouse won’t eat anything that is colored, such as vibrant, exquisitely colored vegetables. She enjoys a good salad, but she hasn’t yet won him over. Possibly someday.
In a fantastic brown butter, honey, and garlic glaze, the carrots are roasted for extra flavor. The Easter ham, pork tenderloin, or any other time of the year, wonderfully complements the flavor of this rich, sweet-nutty crazy excellent sauce.
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots Ingredients
- Honey, two tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of thyme, fresh
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 1.5 lbs of carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots Brown Butter:
- In a skillet, melt the butter in small pieces over medium heat. Slowly stir the butter so that it melts evenly. If you keep stirring, you’ll see it begin to foam; keep an eye on it.
- As the foam subsides, you’ll smell something nutty and see a light golden color. Pay close attention to the butter. It can quickly turn brown or burnt.
- After the brown butter has finished cooking, remove it from the heat and stir in the honey, chopped thyme, and grated garlic.
- The oven should be at 400 degrees. To ensure that the carrots cook evenly, peel them and cut them into roughly equal pieces.
- In the skillet, thoroughly toss the sliced carrots with the brown butter honey until they are coated.
- Add the brown butter honey and the carrots to a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the carrots pierce easily with a fork.
- Move the carrots to a serving dish, decorate with new parsley and serve warm.