BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Recipe is the ideal straightforward lunch or dinner! Buffalo sauce and all the cheese are included, and it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Looking for a delicious and straightforward meal for a family lunch or dinner? Check out this quick and easy Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich, which is loaded with cheese and buffalo sauce.
My spouse, friends, and family frequently request this chicken grilled cheese sandwich, which is a family favorite. With a variety of cheese, bread, and spice combinations, this sandwich is easily adaptable. Enjoy the finest buffalo grilled cheese ever and step up your grilled cheese game.
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Ingredients
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breasts and 8 slices of sandwich bread I like using Rotisserie Chicken,
- 1 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 cup homemade ranch dressing (or your preferred store-bought brand)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4-8 slices of Muenster cheese
- 4 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese
- Optional ingredients include 1 teaspoon each of ground black pepper and paprika
- Mash or stir together the softened cream cheese, blue cheese crumbles, paprika, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Place aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing and minced garlic then stir until the chicken is well coated.
- Take your bread slices and cover one side of each one with a layer of butter. Spread the cheese mixture on four of the bread slices (one for each sandwich), then top with the chicken mixture on the other side of the bread. Make an effort to divide it evenly among the four sandwiches. For each one, it should be about a half cup. On the other cut of bread place a cut or two of your number one cut cheddar and close the sandwich.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and cook the sandwiches for five minutes on low heat, or until the bread is golden and crisp. Repeat on the other side by flipping it over. Grilling the sandwiches separately may be necessary, depending on your fan’s size. When the dish is done, remove it from the pan and serve it with more ranch, blue cheese, or buffalo sauce. Enjoy!
About Storing Leftovers
If you want to keep the cooked grilled cheese, wrap it in foil and keep it in the fridge for up to two days. I suggest baking the sandwich on a baking sheet until it is warm, still wrapped in foil, when you are ready to eat it. The cheese melts and the bread stays crisp thanks to this. The sandwich can also be reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds, but the bread won’t be crispy.
Options for Cheese
You can substitute one or more of the cheeses I use in this recipe if you don’t like them. White Cheddar, Mozzarella, Colby Jack, and Monteray Jack are all excellent choices for cheese. You can also leave out the blue cheese if you don’t like it.
I love adding mashed avocado, diced tomatoes, or chopped celery to these buffalo grilled cheese sandwiches often. You can add your decision into the chicken blend, or spread it over top of the cream cheddar combination.