Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Cajun Shrimp Pasta – This meal recipe is quick and simple and has the perfect amount of heat! Whole, tender shrimp are covered in a fast, simple, spicy cream sauce that is cooked to perfection with the correct quantity of pasta.
You may find everything you need in this recipe for Cajun Shrimp Pasta. The correct quantity of flavor is added by the cajun seasoning, which is sprinkled on tender and delicious shrimp. The cream sauce comes together quickly, and the pasta soaks up all the flavor.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
- 8 ounces of penne pasta
- 1 pound of raw shrimp (deveined, washed, and tail removed)
- 2 tablespoons of cajun spice
- 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Add salt to a pot of water and heat to the point of boiling. Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Scoop out at least 12 cups of the cooking water before draining. Set the pasta aside after draining it.
- Prepare the sauce and shrimp while the pasta is cooking. In a bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, and cajun seasoning. Toss to blend.
- Bring a large skillet to a medium-high temperature. Melt the butter. Cook the shrimp in a single layer, turning once, until golden brown on each side. In order to make room, you may need to cook the shrimp in two separate batches. After the shrimp have finished cooking, transfer them to a clean plate and turn down the heat to medium-low.
- Scrape the bottoms of the pan and add heavy cream to loosen any food that is stuck there. Let the cream bubble. Stir in the melted parmesan cheese and reduce the heat to low. Stir in the shrimp and cooked pasta to coat. Add pasta water one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached if the sauce needs to be thinned.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 255mg | Sodium: 1919mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 2.7mg