Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower Fried Rice is one of my favorite go-to dinner ingredients because it pairs well with so many other foods. The flavor merely absorbs the flavor of anything you put to it because the taste is so weak on its own.
You can eat this delicious vegetarian main dish of cauliflower fried rice or you can add chicken, steak, or shrimp to it for more protein. It’s a terrific recipe for weekly meal planning because I prefer to cook a big batch and then eat the leftovers for lunch the next several days.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 (10–15 oz) package of frozen cauliflower rice
- Half an onion, yellow or white (diced)
- two medium carrots (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 50 g of frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- Toasted sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
- Follow the directions on the package to cook the frozen cauliflower rice; To let the steam escape, open the bag and place it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Cook the diced carrots and onions for about 5 minutes more.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about one minute, or until the onions and carrots are almost done. Mix in the frozen peas and pre-cooked cauliflower rice and cook for few extra minutes or until the peas are warmed through.
- To see the bottom of the pan, poke a hole in the middle of your mixture. Crack your eggs and cook them until they are scrambled, then stir them into the rest of the ingredients to combine them.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil by stirring. If you are sensitive to salt, start with less and taste test. I believe 2 tbsp is the ideal amount.
- Warm it up with toasted sesame seeds and store any unused portions in the refrigerator for up to four days.