Cheesy BBQ Chicken Zucchini Nachos Recipe
Cheesy BBQ Chicken Zucchini Nachos – The kids will adore this nutritious supper plan just as much as the grownups do!
I enjoy eating well, but when it’s quick, simple, and healthy—or at least healthy-ish—I enjoy it even more! These can be made in a large pan for the entire family’s dinner or as a quick lunch for mom on game days or parties. easy, cheesy, and tasty
Cheesy BBQ Chicken Zucchini Nachos Ingredients
- 3 medium-sized to large zucchini
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt with garlic
- Chicken, 12 oz. I prefer to use the grilled chicken I’ve linked to here or rotisserie chicken.
- Additional BBQ Sauce for sprinkling on top of the 1/2 cup
- Shredded Mexican or Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 can of drained black beans
- 1 frozen cup of grilled corn or 1 ear of grilled corn (most stores, even Costco and trader joes are now selling this)
- 1 large tomato, diced; pickled onions, if desired.
- 1 teaspoon of minced red onion in blu cheese dressing
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat and the oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean the zucchini and dry it. Divide into rounds of 1/4 inch. Toss with olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and garlic salt in a medium bowl.
- Flip and grill for another 3 minutes per side until grill marks appear. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Combine the chicken and barbecue sauce in another bowl until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Take the zucchini chips out of the oven. Shredded cheese, barbecue chicken, blue cheese crumbles, black beans, diced tomatoes, and grilled corn are added on top.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, in the oven. For the final minute, I like to broil my oven to get the cheese to be nice and bubbly!
- Serve with additional drizzles of barbecue sauce and bleu cheese dressing, as well as cilantro, onions, and diced tomatoes!
- You are free to customize them with any additional toppings you have on hand: avocado, chopped green onion, and lettuce