CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI TORTELLINI
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini is an easy 20-minute dinner the whole family will love! Tortellini stuffed with cheese, chicken, and broccoli in a Parmesan-cheese-rich sauce.
One of my favorite ways to get dinner on the table quickly is with tortelli. It cooks in about five minutes, and who doesn’t like cheese-filled pasta?
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini can be prepared in about 20 minutes if you already have cooked chicken (I recommend using a rotisserie chicken!)
How long does it last?
- When stored in the refrigerator, this chicken tortellini can last up to three days. It should always be kept in an airtight container.
- It can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave. You can re-loosen the sauce by adding milk or chicken broth if it has become too thick.
Tips and tricks:
- This recipe calls for fresh tortellini; if you use frozen tortellini, you may need to cook it for an additional minute or two. To be certain, just check the instructions on the package.
- You can also use frozen broccoli, but you might need to cook it for a few more minutes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt and black pepper
- In a large pot, heat olive oil to a medium-high temperature. After 30 seconds, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add milk and chicken broth. Boil until boiling.
- Cook for 2 minutes before adding tortellini.
- Toss in the broccoli and cook for another three minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini are tender and the broccoli is bright green.
- Mix in the Parmesan and cream cheese over low heat until melted.
- Incorporate cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more Parmesan to the top.
NOTE: If you use frozen tortellini, they may require an additional minute or two. Simply check the package’s instructions.