Chicken Alfredo includes delicate noodles covered in the dreamiest cream sauce imaginable, as well as golden pan-fried chicken breasts that have been spiced. A show-stopping supper is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
For the Noodles
- dried fettuccine pasta, 16 ounces
For the Chicken
- 1 lb. of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning mix
- 1/3 of a teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 grams of butter
For the Sauce
- big cubes or slices of half a cup of butter
- 2 cups heavy cream for whipping
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/3 cup powdered garlic
- Italian seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese in two cups
- Noodles: Prepare them: Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions, about 10 minutes, before adding it. After draining thoroughly, keep 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Place aside.
- Construct the chicken: The Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, are used to season the chicken breasts.
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Swirl the pan until the glitter is distributed evenly. The chicken should be added and left alone for five to seven minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. On the other side, divide 1 tablespoon of the butter among them and gently swirl it around in the pan to distribute it. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for three minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch slices. Cover with aluminum foil while you make the sauce.
- Make the sauce for Alfredo: Add the butter and cream to the same pan and heat over medium-low heat; whisk until the butter melts.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the minced garlic, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk constantly for three to four minutes, bringing to a simmer but not boiling, until it begins to thicken.
- Mix in the parmesan cheddar just until liquefied and the sauce is smooth. (Add a few tablespoons at a time of the reserved pasta cooking water to thin the sauce if it becomes too thick.)
- Assemble: Toss the cooked fettuccine noodles with the sauce immediately after taking it off the heat.
- Place a few chicken slicings on top of the pasta and divide it among the serving bowls. If desired, garnish with parsley, additional Parmesan, and black pepper.