Chicken Parmesan Calzone Recipe
Chicken Parmesan Calzone Recipe – The one and only calzone recipe you’ll ever need: a chicken parm calzone with mozzarella, Parmesan, and crispy chicken inside.
The pizza-like finish on this calzone is its most distinctive feature. Of course, it is made in the same manner as a standard half-moon calzone, but the outside crust is covered with a layer of mozzarella cheese and sauce. It imparts an unbelievable, cheesy, crispy feel to the outside that resembles chicken parmesan.
Chicken Parmesan Calzone Ingredients
- 20 to 16 ounces of pizza dough
- 6-7 sliced, thoroughly cooked, crispy chicken tenders
- Shredded mozzarella cheese in an 8-ounce bag.
- grated parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup
- 6/3 cups pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons of melted butter and flour for the dough
- The oven should be heated to 400 °F. Cook the frozen chicken tenders ahead of time according to the package instructions if you use them. Set aside after cutting into smaller strips.
- Roll the dough out into a circle that is 12 inches in diameter while you wait.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce over one half of the dough, leaving a border of one inch around the edge. Top the same half with chicken tenders, all of the parmesan cheese, and one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- To form a half moon, fold the other half of the dough over the filling to the opposite edge. To seal, pinch the ends together.
- Butter the top of the calzone before placing it on a baking sheet that has been greased. Make three 1/2-inch slits in the top of the calzone with a knife.
- Prepare for 20 minutes. After removing the calzone from the oven, evenly top it with 1/4 cup pizza sauce and about 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, leaving a 1 inch crust around the edges. Bake for a further ten minutes.
- Slice into strips for serving after removing from the oven and cooling for 5-7 minutes.