Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Chicken Parmesan Casserole – Use leftover rotisserie chicken, homemade breaded chicken, chicken tenders, or both to make this simple chicken parmesan casserole! Pasta and a ton of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese should be included.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole Ingredients
- Rigatoni pasta, 34 pounds.
- Marinara sauce, 32 ounces
- 3 cups of shredded and separated mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, one-third cup
- 2 little chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup flour
- seasoned salt, two teaspoons
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 2 eggs
- Italian breadcrumbs, 1 1/2 cups
- 3.4 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish
- Tip: While you wait for the pasta to cook and the water to boil for the pasta, bread the chicken.
Prepare the Chicken Parmesan Casserole Pasta
- Prepare the Pasta Bring water to a boil and cook the rigatoni for 1 minute less than al dente. (The cooking time is listed on the package.)
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot when it is finished cooking. Mix in 32 oz. of mozzarella, 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese, and the sauce. Place aside.
Prepare the chicken
- Cut the chicken into strips that are approximately 12 inches thick and dry it with paper towels.
- Establish a breading line for the chicken:
- Bowl #1:3/4 cup flour, 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bowl #2:two beaten eggs
- Bowl #3:1.5 cups breadcrumbs Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, dip it briefly in the egg mixture, and then cover it completely with the breadcrumb mixture. After the chicken has been coated in the breadcrumbs, use your palms to gently flatten it out a little more.
- The butter and 14 inch of oil in a pan contribute to the golden color of the chicken. Set the heat to medium-high.
- Use kitchen tongs to carefully lower the chicken into the oil after the pan has heated; you will need to cook the strips in batches. Cook each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. During the cooking process, you may need to add more oil.
- Put the cooked strips on a plate lined with paper towels. The chicken becomes crispier as a result of the paper towels absorbing the excess oil.
- Cut the strips into smaller, more manageable pieces.
Assemble the Casserole and Bake
- The oven should be at 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish lightly. Half the rigatoni/sauce mixture should be added. Top with one cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/3 of the
- Parmesan cheese, and half of the chicken strips.
- Include the other rigatoni.Combine the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses with the chicken strips.
- Heat uncovered for 25 minutes. On the off chance that you favor a browner, crisper top, increment intensity to 425 and heat for around 5 additional minutes.
- Embellish with new parsley. Serve with Cheese and Garlic Bread!