Chicken with Garlic Mushroom Sauce
Chicken with Garlic Mushroom Sauce – You may have comfort food like juicy and tender chicken breasts covered in garlic mushroom sauce in about 30 minutes! You can quickly impress your loved one with this restaurant-quality dinner by using basic ingredients and cooking methods!
Chicken with Garlic Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Pepper and salt
- 250g/80z sliced or halved button mushrooms, two shallots, three cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or two rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 80 ml 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 8 ml 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1.5 cups/375 ml of double/heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain or dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts after slicing them lengthwise, then brown them on both sides in olive oil over medium heat until golden. Eliminate to a plate. (The chicken will not be fully cooked at this point.)
- Add the mushrooms, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper to the same pan. Brown the mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the chopped shallots and minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in a heaping tablespoon of flour before serving. After that, add the white wine and use a spatula to scrape the pan’s bottom to let the brown bits sink into the liquid. Stir in one tablespoon of mustard, double or heavy cream, and chicken stock to combine.
- After that, return the chicken breasts to the pan along with the juices they released, bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for ten minutes. Taste the sauce and, if necessary, season it with more salt and pepper.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 941IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg
- Two shallots can be substituted with one white onion.
- Thyme or tarragon could be used instead of rosemary.
- Apple or white grape juice plus one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar can be used in place of white wine.