Chickpea Fritters are excellent as an appetizer or as part of a midweek meal. They take less than 20 minutes to prepare, cook, and are ready to serve using just a few basic ingredients. They are excellent for meal preparation and can be made ahead of time. simple to make gluten-free.
Chickpea Fritters Ingredients
- One 15-ounce can of rinsed and drained chickpeas
- one cup of all-purpose flour
- one cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- one tablespoon of chopped parsley
- one teaspoon of cumin
- one teaspoon of garlic powder
- one teaspoon of salt
- one teaspoon of black pepper
- two tablespoons of water
- two tablespoons of canola oil
- tahini sauce for dipping.
- Mix the chickpeas, all-purpose flour, parmesan, fresh herbs, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Use a fork or a masher to thoroughly combine the ingredients after adding two tablespoons of water.
- Form thin patties from the mixture by dividing it into six equal portions.
- Heat the oil in a large pan until it shimmers. The chickpea fritters should be cooked for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with tahini sauce or another preferred sauce on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Remaining food should be kept in an airtight container for storage. The fridge will keep them fresh for up to five days. Before serving, reheat in the microwave, an air fryer, or a skillet with a little olive oil.
- Instructions for Freezing: The fritters can be be frozen before or after cooking.
- They should be placed on a flat baking dish and frozen for at least 4 hours before cooking. Put them in an airtight bag after freezing. Cook as directed after defrosting in the refrigerator for the night.
- After cooking, just place them in an airtight bag to cool, then freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight to re-heat, then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until well heated.