Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad
Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad are created by tossing Garbanzo beans, fresh vegetables, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese together in a zesty Greek dressing. Everything pairs well with this 15-minute delectable Greek chickpea salad!
Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad Ingredients
For the salad
- 1.2 cups cooked chickpeas or a single, drained 15-ounce can
- 1 cup of 1 large English cucumber, quartered, cut, and chopped; 1 large red bell pepper; (about 1 cup)
- One cup of halved cherry tomatoes and one-half of a medium red onion (about 1 cup)
- 12 cups pitted kalamata olives, 14 cups chopped fresh parsley, and 2 ounces of crumbled or block feta cheese.
For the dressing
- squeeze one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste;
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon dijon;
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano;
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes, onions, olives, parsley, and Feta cheese.
- Mix the lemon juice, vinegar, dijon, and oregano in a small mixing bowl.To form an emulsion, keep whisking and drizzle olive oil in.To taste, add PEPPER and SALT.
- Crumble the block of feta cheese, toss with the Greek dressing, and serve.
- For up to three days (for dressed salad) or five days (for non-dressed salad) of storage, refrigerate in an airtight container.