Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal
Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal has plenty of beneficial fats from coconut and walnuts. The ideal breakfast is this quick, nutritious banana baked oatmeal recipe, which can be frozen and naturally sweetened with bananas & pure maple syrup. To make it even more special, add chocolate chips.
Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
For the wet ingredients:
- 3 mashed ripe bananas (equivalent to roughly 1 13 cups)
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- 1 (15 ounce) can of light coconut milk (equivalent to 1 and a third cups coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup, pure.
For the dry ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats without gluten
- Baking powder, two teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal Mix-ins:
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut shredded plus an additional 2 teaspoons for the topping
- Chopped walnuts, half a cup
- Use your favorite chocolate chips in place of the 1/3 cup, and add an additional 2 tablespoons for topping.
- Set aside an oil-greased 9×9-inch pan while the oven is preheated to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, coconut milk, and maple syrup in a large bowl until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the bowl: cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and oats Fold in the shredded coconut, walnuts, and chocolate chips after mixing until combined.
- Fill the pan with the mixture and smooth the top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and the remaining shredded coconut. Heat for 35-45 mins or until the edges are marginally brilliant brown. Slice into six slices and serve after ten minutes of cooling in the oven. Add more banana slices, maple syrup, and chopped walnuts to the top. 6 servings