Cilantro lime chicken things
Cilantro lime chicken things – This tangy marinade of cilantro and lime is unquestionably the best ever. The chicken is cooked to perfection, being juicy and soft.
The temperature this morning was 25 F. I’m really done with it.
I mean, April is just around the corner! And only a few days earlier, it was 60 degrees. Chicago, where is the springtime? Summer grilling season has me pumped!
But I suppose I’ll have to make do with the grill pan for the time being.
Since everyone has been promising this LA native warm weather in Chicago, these cilantro lime chicken thighs can’t wait for it.
Nope. This marinade is far too amazing to wait. Fresh cilantro, olive oil, lime zest, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper were used to make the marinade.
It’s quick, easy, and produces the tastiest, zestiest chicken thighs one could want for. Throw these bad boys on a hot grill or grill pan and serve with rice, tacos, bowls, or salads (for those of you with actual Spring weather!).
Cilantro lime chicken things Ingredients
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- divided into three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder and 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 1 teaspoon of cumin, ground
- 1 kosher salt tsp.
- freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- chicken thighs, skinless and weighing two pounds
- Combine the cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine the mixture of cilantro and chicken in a large bowl or a Ziploc bag that can hold a gallon;Marinate for at least two hours or overnight, occasionally turning the bag.The marinated chicken should be drained.
- Heat staying 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron barbecue skillet over medium high heat.*Add the chicken to the grill pan in a single layer, working in batches, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve right away.