Coconut Chicken Tenders
Coconut Chicken Tenders are flavorful and tender for a simple family supper idea. They are simple to tailor just how your family likes them because they can be baked, fried, or even cooked in an air fryer!
The majority of people, I believe, have heard of (and hopefully liked) coconut shrimp, but today I’m here to laud coconut chicken tenders!
Even though they have the same fantastic fried coconut breading that we all adore, chicken seems to be more popular and simpler to find. Furthermore, prices are down practically everywhere.
Coconut Chicken Tenders Ingredients
- 50 ml of cornstarch
- Black pepper and 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 substantial egg whites
- 1.5 cups of sweetened coconut shredded
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1.5 pounds of chicken tenders in vegetable oil (for frying)
- Set aside the cornstarch, salt, and pepper mixture in a small bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
- Mix the coconut and panko bread crumbs together in a small bowl.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the mixture of cornstarch;remove any excess.
- Press the chicken into the coconut after being dipped in egg whites.
- Press the other side into the coconut once more to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to a depth of about 12 to 34 inches; if necessary, add more oil.
- In small batches, add chicken to the hot oil.
- Fry each side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve right away.
- You swap out the cornstarch for all-purpose flour.
- If you choose, you can skip the panko bread crumbs. They are not required, but they do offer a wonderful crispy coating.
- If you want to give the egg white a little kick, you can add a dash of tabasco.
- I serve them with bottle sweet chili sauce found in my grocery store’s ethnic area.
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 817TOTAL FAT: 41gSATURATED FAT: 14gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 24gCHOLESTEROL: 78mgSODIUM: 1990mgCARBOHYDRATES: 74gFIBER: 6gSUGAR: 13gPROTEIN: 38g