Coffee Overnight Oats
Coffee Overnight Oats flavor is similar to the combination of your morning cup of coffee and a bowl of cold porridge. If you’re a true coffee connoisseur, top your breakfast with sweet coffee cream to make it a little more decadent.
An alternate method of preparing oatmeal that does not require cooking is overnight oats. Overnight, milk and oats are combined and stored in the refrigerator. They will absorb the liquid and change into soft, creamy oatmeal throughout that time. You can experiment with the flavors and toppings as frequently as you like once you’ve found the ideal oat-to-milk ratio. Peanut butter and strawberry jam, carrot cake, and tiramisu are some of our favorites.
Coffee Overnight Oats Ingredients
COFFEE OVERNIGHT OATS
- Oats, rolled, in a cup
- Chia seeds, one tablespoon
- one grain of salt
- 1/8 of a cup of freshly made espresso (sub cold brew or instant coffee)
- a half-cup of vegan milk
- maple syrup, 1 tbsp
- a smidge of vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons of vegan yogurt
SWEET COFFEE CREAM
- Maple syrup, two tablespoons (or granulated sugar)
- Instant coffee, two tablespoons
- a teaspoon each of hot water
- In a glass jar or bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Milk, espresso, maple syrup, and vanilla extract are added. Stir it thoroughly.
- Add the plant-based yogurt and stir.
- Close the jar with a lid or cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least four hours or overnight.
- (Optional) Make the sweet coffee cream the next morning (see notes).Cream together the sugar, instant coffee, and boiling water. To save time, use an electric milk frother. Add the cream to the overnight oats with coffee. Serve with the toppings of your choice.
Strong cold brewed coffee or instant coffee diluted in warm water can be used in place of the espresso. Start with 2 teaspoons of cold brew concentrate and top it with milk if using it.
The sweet coffee cream has a strong coffee flavor and is very sweet. Only those who enjoy very strong, sweet black coffee should add it to their oatmeal. Alternately, swap in some caramel sauce or omit altogether.
The overnight oats can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
The overnight oats nutritional data was determined for 1 serving without coffee cream.