Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad consists of fresh veggies and is a classic and simple vegan summer recipe that is tossed with lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro.
This recipe is a quick, tasty, and refreshing summer salad that you’ll want to prepare all season long. It’s a terrific way to utilize any leftover grilled corn and an abundance of tomatoes you may have. It can be eaten as a main dish with your preferred protein on top or as a side salad with or without the lettuce. It is naturally free of gluten, vegan, and keto-friendly.
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad Ingredients
- 1 avocado sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce.
- Join the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and onion. Mix the ingredients for the dressing together in a large glass bowl. Sprinkle over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Pour cold water into a basin and add the red onions. This can be accomplished as you prepare the remaining components. If the red onions are excessively astringent, it softens their potent flavor.
- To give the corn a smokey flavor, grill it. The particular sweet flavor that comes from grilling the corn is one that can only be obtained by doing so.
- Eat the salad right away. Undoubtedly, you can toss it together and give the flavors 30 minutes to settle and meld. Just remember that the lettuce can gradually wilt and the avocados might not be as brightly green. I advise serving it immediately after mixing.
- You must consume this salad this summer. It is loaded with sweet summer vegetables, which the tart citrus dressing helps to balance. It makes a delicious appetizer or side dish for your grilled dinners and is vibrant and beautiful. It always goes down really well at summer cookouts and potlucks because you can eyeball all the components based on what leftovers you have. Amazing flavor from minimal ingredients!