Crab rangoon – Crispy wontons that have been cooked and are filled with delectable crab and cream cheese.
These crabmeat rangoons have the ideal texture because they contain slightly more crab meat than cream cheese. The variety of seasoning enhances the filling’s flavor, making it savory, fragrant, and just delicious.
Making my crab rangoon recipe couldn’t be simpler. Simply chop the imitation crab meat into pieces that are 2 cm broad. To make your cream cheese smooth and creamy, first soften it with a spatula. Next, combine all the filling ingredients and stir until the crab flesh is broken down and the mixture is smooth.
Crab rangoon Ingredients
- 18 wrappers for wontons
- 2 cups vegetable oil or flavorless oil water for wonton wrapping
- 140 grams of either real crab flesh or fake crab meat
- Cream cheese, 125 grams (I used Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped green onion
- Regular soy sauce, 1 teaspoon not soy sauce, either light or dark!
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon
- 12 teaspoon of white sugar
- 12 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 teaspoon black pepper
- Set aside two centimeter-wide pieces of imitation crab meat.
- Use a spatula to smooth the room-temperature cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Add imitation crab meat and the remaining filling ingredients to your cream cheese bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with a fork until the crab meat breaks down.
- Fill the center of the wonton wrapper with 34 tbsp of the filling. Dab a small amount of water along the wrapper’s edges with your fingers.
- The next step is to pinch only the tip of the wrapper by lifting two opposite corners.
- After that, seal the adjacent corners by lifting them up.To prevent leakage while you fry them, make sure to tightly pinch them, especially the wonton tip.See images of each step in the preceding blog post.
- Add oil to your pan and heat it up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the crab rangoons in two batches. Do not crowd the oil too much. Fry both sides for two minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack or a plate lined with paper towels after removing.
- Before enjoying, allow this to cool down a little. Serve with any sauce you like or sweet chili sauce from the store.
These can be prepared in advance and frozen. Put them in a reusable, airtight bag or container in a single layer so they don’t stick to one another. They can be cooked directly from frozen and will keep for two months in the freezer (until freezer burn appears).