Crack Corn Salad
Crack Corn Salad is simultaneously crunchy, creamy, sweet, sour, and flavorful. Make it with bacon, cheddar cheese, fresh or frozen corn, Ranch dressing, and so forth. In just 15 minutes, you can offer this salad for summer. This summer, prepare this fast side dish for your barbecues!
This recipe for a side dish is sure to impress everyone! Not only is it delicious, but you can prepare a lot of food in a short period of time. Fresh or frozen corn, bacon, cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and Ranch dressing are used to make the salad. In actuality, the blending of flavors and textures is extraordinary.
Crack Corn Salad Ingredients
- Sweet corn: You can eat raw, fresh sweet corn on the cob, grill it, air fry it, use canned corn kernels, or defrost frozen corn.
- Bacon: To save time, you may either buy cooked bacon or prepare your own using the oven-baked bacon recipe or the air fryer bacon recipe.
- In fact, green onions give the dish a wonderful, fresh touch. Red onions or chives can be used in their place, too.
- Jalapeno: The jalapeno firstly offers a mild spice and secondly, a pleasant crunch. You can choose to use it or ignore it, in reality.
- Ranch dressing is readily available at the neighborhood grocery store. But I prefer to use my own Ranch dressing.
- Cheese shredded: Use aged yellow sharp cheddar cheese that has been freshly shredded.
- One lime juice: The citrus actually enhances the flavors and adds a lighter flavor layer.
- Fresh garlic can be substituted for the garlic powder, similarly.
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.
How can crack corn salad be made from scratch?
- Get the ingredients ready: Chop the vegetables, shred the cheddar cheese, and cook the bacon, if not already done so. Also, if necessary, cook the corn.
- Combine: After that, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss them together. Equally crucial is ensuring that each piece is coated in dressing.
- Serve: Chill before serving and adding any desired herbs as a garnish.
- Refrigerate: However, if you have leftovers, put them in an airtight container first and refrigerate the rest. Then, keep it there for up to four days. In the meantime, the ranch dressing can be stored separately for about a week in a sealed container.
- Freeze: Actually we do not recommend freezing this recipe. However, you can freeze it for up to three months by simply placing it in a Ziploc bag or container that is safe for freezing. Finally, to defrost, just place it in the fridge overnight to thaw. Mix it up and adjust the seasoning and dressing when you’re ready to serve it.
- Make-ahead: In addition, you can prepare it ahead of time and store it in an airtight container that is dry and cool.
- Street corn salad from Mexico: Make this dressing, which we used for the Mexican street corn recipe, in place of Ranch dressing.
- In fact, incorporate some black beans for additional protein and flavor.
- Seasoning for tacos: Make use of taco seasoning and thousand chipotle dressing for a different take on this side dish. In addition, incorporate cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and lime juice.
- Make it more spicy: In fact, for a spicier version, add more chili powder, jalapeno peppers, and chili peppers. Hot sauce can be added as an additional option.
- Cheesier: Add a variety of cheeses, such as fontina, feta, and blue cheese crumbles, to the salad to make it more cheesy.
- More vegetables: Want something even cleaner? Then, at that point, add some avocado, chime pepper, green peppers, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and crunchy Persian cucumbers in with the general mish-mash.
- Gluten-free: Additionally, this salad is naturally gluten-free; all you need to do is ensure that the ingredients you use are gluten-free.
- Warm: Make it as a warm salad by using warm ingredients like grilled or air-fried corn and warm bacon.