Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
You’ll adore these cream cheese and chicken taquitos with spinach, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese inside.
Chicken Taquitos Ingredients
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach cut and stems removed
- In a saucepan, heat 12″ of oil over medium heat.
- In an enormous bowl combine as one the chicken, cream cheddar, harsh cream, salsa, co-jack and spinach. To taste, add salt and pepper.
- When oil is sufficiently hot (place hand over the container, above oil, to feel heat), add a couple of tablespoons of chicken/cream cheddar combination to the focal point of a tortilla and spread out. Roll up and set crease side down in oil utilizing utensils. Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Rehash until every one of the tortillas are filled, rolled and broiled.
- Set to drain on paper towels.
- Warm it up and enjoy!
- Struggling with getting your corn tortillas to move without breaking?Wrap a stack of corn tortillas in damp paper towels and warm them in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Many tortillas break or crack because they are not sufficiently warm.
- How can taquitos remain rolled? Roll the mixture, then hold the taquitos in the oil with the seam-side down using metal tongs until they remain rolled. Before frying, you can also secure each taquito by adding toothpicks to the center.
- Can flour tortillas be used? Yes, most people believe that the type of tortilla—corn tortillas or flour tortillas—is what differentiates a taquito from a flauta. Regardless of what you use, both make these flavorful!
- VARIATIONS: These taquitos can be altered in a myriad of ways. A few examples include:
- Variation in the meat: Shredded pork and beef are also excellent choices.
- Vary the salsas and spices: Chili powder, garlic, cumin, and garlic pepper can all alter the flavor. To alter the flavor, you can also alter the salsa in the mix. Tomatillo salsa or sweet salsa verde are excellent!
- Adapt the Toppers: Destroyed lettuce, hacked tomatoes, acrid cream, guacamole, or pico de gallo.