CREAMY BROCCOLI MAC AND CHEESE
Creamy broccoli mac and cheese – In less than 30 minutes, make the EASIEST and CREAMIEST mac and cheese! Perfect comfort food! Additionally, it is the ideal technique to smuggle in those veggies.
Salutations from Paris! Our luggage didn’t exactly accompany us to France when we boarded the aircraft from Indianapolis to JFK to Paris.
So we’re eating croissant after croissant after croissant to numb our sorrows. It certainly seems to be beneficial.
I do, however, have my go-to mac and cheese dish to give today for those of you getting ready for those New Year’s resolutions.
Now, when I mention resolutions, I mean that as of January 1st, I’ll be eating nothing but greens. Let’s indulge and have the creamiest mac and cheese ever for the next three days.
I also added broccoli as a courtesy to you guys.
Creamy broccoli mac and cheese Ingredients
- medium pasta shells, 8 ounces
- Unsalted butter, two teaspoons
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons of regular flour
- 13 ounces of whole milk
- 1 cup of milk and cream
- Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt
- chopped broccoli florets, 3 cups
- 6 ounces of grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- In a huge pot of bubbling salted water, cook pasta as per bundle directions; well, drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the garlic and shallot for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- In about one minute, whisk in the flour until it lightly browns. Whisk in the milk, half and half, and Dijon gradually until it becomes slightly thicker, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add more milk as necessary if the mixture is too thick; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- After about three to four minutes, thoroughly combine the pasta, broccoli, and cheese.
- Serve right away.