Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe features succulent, creamy garlic sauce over tender chicken. This creamy chicken skillet recipe is quick and easy, making it perfect for busy weeknights, and ready in just 30 minutes.
Pan-fried chicken breasts with a creamy garlic mushroom sauce that are tender and juicy, quick to prepare, and ready for your dinner table in just 30 minutes. Serve this creamy chicken and mushroom recipe with potatoes, pasta, or zucchini noodles, roasted vegetables, rice or quinoa, or cauliflower rice for a low-carb option. We lightened this recipe by substituting cream cheese for heavy cream and thickening it with a small amount of cornstarch. This an easy recipe for chicken dinner that can be served to your family every night of the week throughout the year. This a recipe for healthy, nourishing chicken that even the kids will enjoy!
Why this recipe for chicken is so good
- Creamy good: This recipe for chicken breast with mushroom sauce is so delicious and flavorful. Each bite of tender, juicy chicken breast.
- Healthy: The creamy garlic sauce was made with light (or fat-free) cream cheese instead of heavy cream and high-fat milk products.
- Quick and simple: This creamy chicken recipe is so simple to prepare. From start to finish, it won’t last more than 30 minutes ideal for those hectic weeknights.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Ingredients
- olive oil
- chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- garlic cloves, crushed
- button mushrooms halved
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- cream cheese, light or fat-free
- fresh chopped curly parsley
How to cook Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- In the beginning, cook the chicken: In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breast for about 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Make the creamy mushroom sauce the following: Cook the mushrooms in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil until they are slightly golden brown. Then, sauté the garlic for another minute until fragrant. In the meantime, combine two tablespoons of water and cornstarch in a small bowl to dissolve completely. Pour the mixture of cornstarch and broth. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until the liquid bubbles. Add the cream cheese and thoroughly whisk until the sauce is smooth and thick.
- Last but not least, combine the chicken and the sauce: Spoon the hot sauce over the chicken breast and return it to the pan. Serve warm and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tips and FAQs Oil:
- Oil: You can use any oil, but we used olive oil.
- Chicken: When it comes to using chicken, using chicken breast would be the least expensive option. Salmon, shrimp, boneless chicken thighs, or steaks are all acceptable choices.
- Cream: There is no cream used to prepare this mushroom chicken. This recipe uses light cream cheese well. Heavy cream or coconut milk are excellent choices for a keto-friendly recipe.
- Broth: Vegetable or chicken broth. You can use water instead of broth if you don’t have any.
- Mushroom: This creamy chicken skillet shines brightest with its mushroom topping. Zucchini, broccoli, green beans, and other vegetables are also options.
Can a chicken mushroom recipe be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze a chicken mushroom recipe and serve it later. Before storing, place in an airtight container. When you only need to serve one or two servings at a time, it might be easier to store individual portions for easier reheating. The mushroom chicken can be frozen for up to three months and then reheated in the microwave when it is time to serve.
How long does it take to cook chicken in a skillet?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts take about 4-5 minutes to cook through on each side. The cooking time for bone-in chicken will increase slightly. The key is to cook the chicken at a medium heat so that it doesn’t burn. You can always check the doneness of your chicken with a food thermometer. Embed the thermometer into the thickest piece of the chicken until it arrives at 160o F.
What is the best method for cooking chicken bosom?
Inasmuch as you try not to profound fry your chicken you are as of now cooking it better. You can grill, roast, or bake chicken to make it healthier to cook. Using a small amount of oil, you can also pan-fry or stir-fry the food. To avoid consuming additional calories, do not marinate your chicken in sugary sauces.