Creamy Parmesan Basil Shrimp
Creamy Parmesan Basil Shrimp is a dish you can create at home that is of restaurant quality! Plump shrimp are covered in a creamy, delectable sauce that goes great with pasta or, for a low-carb version, spaghetti squash.
This is the best recipe for creamy shrimp if you’re seeking for one. You guys, my gosh. The best flavors, including garlic, Parmesan, butter, and cream, are all present in this creamy basil sauce. Yes, this is top-notch food, at least on par with what you would find at a restaurant. While it’s quick and simple enough to prepare on a weeknight, this Creamy Basil Parmesan Shrimp is ideal for a date night at home.
The ideal keto shrimp recipe, we served this creamy shrimp over spaghetti. So, omit the pasta and serve it with veggies instead, such as spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles (zoodles), or cauliflower mash, to make it low carb and keto.
This is a matter of taste. I typically get peeled, frozen shrimp, which I boil without the shells. However, if you have shrimp that still have their shells on, you may cook the shrimp with them on and it will just enhance the flavor of the dish!
Creamy Parmesan Basil Shrimp Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs. of shrimp
- 3 teaspoons of butter
- minced four big garlic cloves
- 12 of a yellow onion, minced
- 3–4 ounces of finely sliced, roasted red peppers.
- Paprika, 1/8 teaspoon
- 125 ml of thick cream
- fresh basil leaves, 1 cup (packed), plus extra for garnish
- Freshly grated parmesan in a cup
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, crushed
- 50 ml of white wine (or chicken stock)
- salt as desired
- pepper to taste with black
- 2 tablespoons of butter should be melted in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Sear the shrimp for one to two minutes on each side, seasoning them with salt and pepper, until just pink. Set aside once the pan has been removed.
- 1 tablespoon of butter should be added to the same skillet. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, paprika, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. In order to soften the onions and peppers, sauté for about 5 minutes.
- To deglaze the skillet, add wine and simmer until halfway reduced.
- Heat to a medium-low setting. Stir the cream into the skillet until it forms a creamy sauce. Salt and pepper to taste, and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the Parmesan until it melts into the sauce. Add the basil and simmer for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Reheat the shrimp in the skillet for one to two minutes. Serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash, or pasta, and top with fresh basil.
- The sauce will be thinner if you use half and half instead of heavy cream.
- Nutritional data computed using white wine.