Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce – Beans with Mexican spices and gooey cheese are quite addictive! For a simple vegetarian dinner for kids and adults, add avocado lime sauce.
Crusty vegetarian tacos prepared with my beloved Best Ever Mexican Black Beans are my newest addiction. This dish is great for kids because it’s simple, quick, and incredibly tasty.
I seem to always have the pantry essentials needed for this dish in my kitchen. So when I don’t have much time throughout the week, I turn to this quick dinner dish. I adore how the tacos are filling and crunchy and how the sauce is bursting with flavor.
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce Ingredients
- two avocadoes
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro with thick stalks cut off
- 3 juiced limes, 1 optionally seeded jalapeno
- Olive oil, 1/3 cup
- taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- water in 2 tablespoons
Crispy Black Bean Tacos:
- [3 cups of the best ever Mexican black beans, recipe available at link]
- 3/4 cups of a Mexican cheese mixture
- 12 tortillas de maiz
- divided into 4-6 teaspoons of vegetable oil
Make the Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce:
- Blend all of the ingredients together. Blend until it is smooth.
Make the Tacos:
- In a skillet, heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil to medium-high heat.
- Two tortillas should be added to the skillet and left to cook in the oil for about ten seconds.
- Each tortilla should have 1/4 cup of beans on one side. Add 1 tablespoon of Mexican Cheese Blend on top of the beans.
- To form the taco, carefully fold the tortilla in half on top of itself with a spatula and press down with the spatula.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, flip the tacos over with a spatula and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Add more oil as the pan dries out to continue the process until all the tacos are cooked.
- Serve right away.