Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (Paleo & Gluten Free)
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is simple and delicious! This meal can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and is gluten-free and paleo-friendly.
On hectic days, a quick dinner like this crock pot teriyaki chicken may be put together in the morning. When it’s too hot to cook, this dish is also fantastic! To prevent our home from being too hot while this cook, I will move the slow cooker outside. Serve over noodles, rice, or your favorite vegetables.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken Ingredients
- Cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- 1/2 cup organic soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Honey, four tablespoons (or date paste – which is whole30 approved)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Chopped cilantro, green onions, or sesame seeds are optional garnishes.
- In your slow cooker, combine the honey, seasoning, and coconut aminos by stirring.
- Stir the chicken in once more to coat it in the sauce before adding it.
- In a slow cooker, cook on low for four to six hours. You can also make use of a pressure cooker or instant pot. In the instant pot, add the chicken and sauce. Using the manual setting, cook for eight minutes on high. Allow the teriyaki chicken to sit in the pot for 5 minutes after it has finished cooking to naturally release the pressurized steam. To let any remaining steam out, use the end of a wooden spoon to flip the release valve.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot or instant pot with a slotted spoon and set it aside.
- Pour the sauce out of the crockpot through a strainer and into a medium-sized pan.
- Over medium heat, cook the sauce until it is reduced, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the sauce once it has thickened. Mix and serve.