Curry Spiced Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Inside of a baked sweet potato, this delicious Curry Spiced Stuffed Sweet Potatoes creates the coziest healthy meal!
Serving: enough to stuff two sweet potatoes.
Curry Spiced Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups rinsed and drained cooked chickpeas (makes extra)
- drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 4-inch-long kale leaves
- Chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup
turmeric-yogurt sauce for Curry Spiced Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Greek yogurt, 3.5 ounces
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, fresh
- Extra virgin olive oil, half a teaspoon
- 12 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder or turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Create the filling by: Spread the chickpeas out on a separate baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy around the edges, while the sweet potatoes bake. Toss the chickpeas with the curry powder while they are still warm from the oven. Keep aside until needed.
- Produce the sauce: Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, turmeric, and salt in a small bowl. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Place the kale leaves on the same baking sheet in the oven just before the sweet potatoes are done, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted. Chop, remove, and set aside.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool slightly after taking them out of the oven. To make room for the filling, cut a wedge lengthwise into each potato and remove it. Use some of the chickpeas, chopped kale, and cilantro to stuff it. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side and top with a scoop of sauce.