DELICIOUS VEGAN EGGPLANT BACON RECIPE
Bacon eggplant alters the game depending on plants. Thin slices of eggplant transform into delicious, crispy bits that are fantastic on their own, in salads, on sandwiches, and so on.
Even while it may still be difficult to imagine, eggplant bacon actually exists and is quite tasty. It is the solution us vegan recipe experts have been looking for.
Bacon is a delicious indulgence. Many have tried to mimic it with plant-based ingredients, but most have never completely succeeded. I’ve tried a lot of vegan bacon, so believe me. Some are regrettably good, while others make me long for the real thing.
Not only is this recipe for vegan eggplant bacon dairy- and gluten-free as well. I use tamari rather than normal soy sauce. This soy sauce substitute is devoid of gluten. Since soy sauce is frequently fermented with wheat, it technically isn’t gluten free. To ensure that everyone can enjoy delectable soy sauce, tamari thankfully produces a gluten free version.
Anyway, it takes just under an hour to prepare this recipe for eggplant bacon. There are 12 pieces of “bacon” in this recipe. That will prepare meals for 1-2 people for a week. Your requirements for bacon-eggplant vary.
Bacon eggplant Ingredients
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Slice the eggplant thinly using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife at 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Use parchment paper or two smaller pieces to line a baking sheet.
- Whisk olive oil, agave, tamari, smoked paprika, liquid smoke, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- On both sides, brush the eggplant slices with the prepared mixture.
- The eggplant should bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake another ten minutes.
- Serve vegan bacon however you like.