EASY, 190-CALORIE TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS
Turkey Stuffed Peppers – With only 190 calories per pepper half, I usually only need one to feel satisfied (and don’t worry, they also freeze well). I just make these on their own; I don’t even create a side dish with it. They taste great and are incredibly simple to make.
Half a pepper is considered one serving, which, although it may not seem like much, is incredibly filling. A serving contains roughly 20 grams of protein and 190 calories. Not bad, then. This is far too filling to serve with a side because it is so substantial on its own. When I made this for the first time and attempted to serve a side dish with it, the side dish was left unfinished as leftovers for the following night.
I wholeheartedly urge you to try this recipe because it served as the model for Zach’s favorite dish, stuffed pepper soup.
Turkey Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
- bell peppers, three
- 1 pound of ground turkey 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin salt (to taste)
- Chicken broth, one cup
- 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- Brown rice, 1 cup cooked (1/2 cup dried),
- 1/4 cup of finely grated sharp cheddar
- Set the oven to 400°F.With cumin, salt, onion, garlic, parsley, and meat, brown it. Add chicken broth and tomato sauce. Combine well, and simmer for five minutes on low. Combine the meat and cooked rice.
- The bell peppers can be cut in half. Place in a dish for a casserole.
- Fill the peppers with the meat and rice mixture. Pour any extra liquid into the dish’s bottom if there is any.
- 35 minutes in the oven. Bake for an additional three minutes, or until the cheese is melted, after removing from the oven.