Easy Cheesy Baked Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms
Cheesy Baked Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms – a fantastic way to upgrade your food when mixed through. You are about to make one of the BEST and simplest chicken recipes, one that is flavorful and only requires a few ingredients. Additionally, it has a low carb count, is Keto-friendly, and has enough protein to keep you going for hours.
Even picky eaters will enjoy this dish because it can be prepared quickly—from start to finish, it takes just 40 minutes. Once a week, my 9-year-old makes the request.
I know that using this recipe will always result in moist, delicious mushroom chicken. In addition, my family loves mushrooms to the point where we frequently cook this meal.
Cheesy Baked Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms Ingredients
divided into two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter.
FOR THE MUSHROOMS
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves, salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that weigh 1 pound each are pounded to a thickness of 1/4 inch
- Salt and freshly ground pepper are added to taste.
- 4 ounces of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley for decoration.
- In the beginning, we cook the mushrooms and onions in a skillet for five minutes.
- Pounded the chicken to a thickness of about 1/4 inch with a meat mallet in the interim.
- In a baking dish, place half of the cooked mushroom mixture;Keep the remainder aside because we will use them to garnish the chicken.
- Season the chicken breasts and add them to the skillet where the mushrooms were cooked;cook each chicken breast until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken breasts over the mushrooms in the baking dish after removing them from the skillet.
- Put the skillet back on the stove;Scrape up the browned bits and add the chicken broth.Reduce the liquid by 5 minutes after bringing the mixture to a boil and cooking it.
- Cheese should be added to the chicken breasts before the prepared liquid is poured in.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, in an oven preheated to 375 F.
- Serve while garnished with fresh parsley.