Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Cheesy Zucchini Bake – That has been a very well-liked side dish made using zucchini for years.
If you’re a food blogger with a very well-liked recipe, like this Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake (which has been viewed by millions upon millions of people on Pinterest), you undoubtedly wonder every summer if the recipe will remain well-liked. But this year, I’ve seen that more folks are coming back to the dish! Have you tried the recipe for zucchini that is the most popular on my blog?
Cheesy Zucchini Bake Ingredients
- two medium zucchini, sliced or chopped into half-moon shapes
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced or cut into half-moons
- 4 t of freshly chopped basil (more or less, depending on how much you like the flavor of basil)
- 2 T of green onions, thinly sliced
- 0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
- Garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, grated (see notes)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus a little extra for the top, if desired.
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ or 8″ x 11″ baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 350F/180C. (At first, I used the small dish, but now I like one that is a little bigger.)
- Squash should be washed and cut into half-moon or slices.
- Basil should be cleaned, steamed or dried with paper towels, then chopped or sliced finely.I dried the basil with a mini salad spinner (affiliate link) and cut it into thin slices with herb scissors (affiliate link).)
- Green onion slices
- Stir in the sliced squash, chopped or sliced basil, sliced green onions, dried thyme, garlic powder, 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmesan, and 1/2 cup grated mozzarella until the vegetables and herbs are evenly coated.Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake the mixture for about 25 to 30 minutes, or slightly longer. To ensure that the zucchini is mostly tender, pierce it with a fork.)
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven when the zucchini is almost done and sprinkle it with the remaining 1/2 cup of grate mozzarella and, if desired, additional Parmesan.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the zucchini is cooked through and the cheese is browned and melted. Serve warm.
- This kept well in the cooler short-term, yet mine was gone the following day so I couldn’t say whether it would endure longer than that!