Easy Green Pea Fritters
Here is another simple recipe for finger food that kids as young as six months old can eat. If your child suffers from food allergies, this pea fritter recipe, which only calls for three ingredients, is dairy- and gluten-free as well as loaded with vegetables and protein from the egg and chickpea flour.
Remember that it’s no longer advised to avoid probable allergies when starting solids, unless it has been prescribed by a doctor, even if food allergy is not a problem for your household.
The green pea fritters can be frozen for up to a month or kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using them, allow them to thaw for a few hours in the fridge. Then, reheat on a pan or in the microwave.
Easy Green Pea Fritters (A Great Finger Food for Baby Led Weaning)
Makes 6 fritters
- 1/3 cup defrosted or canned peas
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
1.Put the peas in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
2. Combine the egg and flour in the basin containing the peas.
3. Add oil to a skillet that is already heated to medium-low.
4. Place 2 teaspoons of the fritter mixture in a heated skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping after about a minute.
5. Lay cooked pea fritters out to cool on paper towels.
Fritters can either be served whole or in strips.
They can be given to your infant or eaten with the whole family! Simply round them up with some delectable side dishes like cheese cubes, chicken pieces, fruit, and steaming vegetables.
Let’s try it!