Easy Pesto Chicken
Easy Pesto Chicken – In about 30 minutes, bake this three-ingredient pesto chicken to juicy perfection. Fresh basil pesto is used to cover the chicken, which is then cooked to perfection with mozzarella cheese on top. The cheese bubbles and melts on top, and the chicken is incredibly tender.
Say goodbye to bland, lifeless chicken and hello to a chicken breast topped with melted, bubbling mozzarella and covered in fresh garlic-herb pesto. To ensure you have everything you need to prepare a fantastic basil pesto chicken, I triple-checked this recipe. The entire family will adore this simple supper!
One of the most popular and frequently sought for recipes online is a chicken supper. If you couldn’t tell by our everything bagel chicken, one pot hawaiian chicken, air fryer bacon wrapped chicken breast, or spaghetti squash chicken alfredo, we’re continually coming up with fresh and creative ways to prepare chicken breast.
This easy baked pesto chicken was a no because we needed another straightforward meal to accompany that list.
Easy Pesto Chicken Ingredients
- 4-5 ounces of chicken breasts, four
- pepper and salt as desired
- 1/2 cup (6.5 ounces) (6.5 ounces) vegan basil pesto (dairy free) recipe for pesto or premade
- optional 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- The oven should be heated to 400°F. If necessary, trim off any excess fat by patting the chicken dry. Because chicken breasts can be very thick and large, you may need to slice your chicken breast in half lengthwise if it is much larger than 4-5 ounces. If each chicken piece is the same size, it will cook more evenly. Add salt and pepper to the chicken on both sides.
- Put 1/4 cup of the pesto in the bottom of a baking dish that is square. Cover the chicken breasts with the remaining pesto and place them in the dish. Place a 1-ounce slice of mozzarella on top of each chicken piece if using mozzarella.
- The chicken should be baked for 22 to 26 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, in the preheated oven. Turn on the broiler for the last one to two minutes if you want the mozzarella to be brown and bubbly.
- If you’re using fresh mozzarella, take the chicken out of the oven after 20 minutes (or when it reaches about 160 degrees) and broil it for 2-3 minutes.