Easy Vegan Breakfast Hash with Veggies and Beans
With potatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, greens, and black beans, you can quickly prepare a filling vegan breakfast hash that will feed a large number of people.
This veggie-packed breakfast hash is for you if you’re searching for a quick and simple plant-based breakfast recipe that’s suitable for the whole family.
Any vegetables or vegan protein you have on hand can easily be substituted in this recipe. Additionally, everyone is free to add their preferred toppings, such as salsa, hot sauce, or fresh herbs. You’ll be full all morning long owing to the harmonious combination of vibrant vegetables, delicate potatoes, and satisfying protein.
I’ve provided instructions for both stovetop and oven preparation of this nutritious gluten-free hash. Both of these are quick and simple. Reminder: The recipe card below contains the printable, comprehensive recipe.
- Potatoes. I advise utilizing big russet potatoes. Whether you bake this hash or cook it on the stovetop, they crisp up nicely and maintain their shape.
- Cayenne pepper Use green, red, yellow, or orange bell peppers. It gives the food a natural sweetness and color.
- Spinach. For added nutrients in the morning, I like to add some greens. Kale, chopped collard greens, or any other favorite leafy green vegetable can be substituted with the spinach.
- OOnion and garlic powder. This is a simple technique to increase the flavor. If you’d like, substitute another preferred dried spice, seasoning, or herb.
- Flakes of red pepper and paprika. In my perspective, the spicy level added by these spices is just ideal. You can adjust the amount to your preferred flavor if you’d like.
- Yellow squash and zucchini. These special but delectable additions to vegan breakfast hash. They increase volume, flavor, nutrition, and color.
- Mushrooms. I adore how this hash’s sautéed mushrooms have a rich, umami flavor. For a diversity of tastes and textures, you can use any kind of mushroom or a combination of several kinds.
- LLima beans This is my favorite simple method for incorporating vegan protein into breakfast hash. Beans of other varieties can also be used.
To complete this nutritious plant-based meal, add your preferred toppings. My favorites are as follows:
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, oregano, etc.)
- Vegan ranch dip
- Hot sauce
Replacements and Swaps
- Add extra red pepper flakes and top your hash with your preferred hot sauce for a spicy vegan breakfast dish.
- Other vegetables: Feel free to use any combination of the vegetables in your refrigerator to make this hash.
- Alternative proteins: If you’d like, you can substitute a different type of bean. In this recipe, I used chickpeas, pinto beans, and black beans. Alternately, include tempeh, tofu, or vegan sausage that has been crushed.
For up to four days, keep leftover vegan breakfast hash in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To serve, reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.