EASY VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE
Vegetable stew is ideal for a simple dinner that everyone will enjoy. This vegetarian stew comes together in about 45 minutes and is packed with root veggies and lentils, making it quite nourishing.
Vegetable stew Ingredients
- Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of carrots and 1 cup of celery, sliced
- 16 ounces of halved baby bella mushrooms, 6 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- Thyme, dry, in two teaspoons
- Oregano, dry, 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and two tablespoons of flour
- 2/fourths cup soy sauce
- 16 ounces of halved baby yellow potatoes
- 1 cup red split lentils, raw
- one (14.5 oz) tomato sauce can
- 3 cups of veggie broth
- 1 bay leaf, 2
- salt kosher, pepper, freshly cracked
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add some salt and pepper, along with the celery, carrot, and onion.
- 8 minutes of cooking time with occasional stirring
- Add some salt and pepper, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, oregano, and sage.
- Cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the flour to coat everything evenly. Cook for one minute with frequent stirring.
- Scrape the delicious bits off the bottom of the pan and add the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce to deglaze it.
- A few pinches of salt and pepper, potatoes, lentils, tomato sauce, broth, bay leaves, and
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils from sticking to the pan.
- The potatoes should be fork-tender after 10-15 minutes of simmering on low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy!